The information below was from our 2017 Winter Camp.
Join us in the new year for a week-long maker camp where we will teaching a range of hands-on skills using a fun mix of materials and processes.
Consider giving the gift of an experience this holiday season! We think attending Mindful Makers and developing core maker skills is sure to be a gift that keeps on giving.
We recently stopped by the Rogers Daytime studio to talk about our upcoming plans for Winter Camp. Click the photo below to watch the interview!
Here's a list of the activities that we'll be teaching:
- making custom sized boxes from cardboard
- surface design with egg shell mosaics
- carving rubber stamps and printing on fabric
- needle felting & pine cone elf figurines
- sewing drawstring bags (from our printed fabric)
- pom-pom toys from yarn
- making cookie cutters from sheet metal
- winter bird feeder hanging mobile
- salt dough ornaments (using our rubber stamps & cookie cutters)
- embossing in paper craft & handmade greeting cards
DAILY SCHEDULE & what to bring:
We will be taking two nutrition breaks during the day to eat. During these periods we will also be spending time outdoors and playing games, weather permitting. Campers should come with a water bottle and a peanut-free lunch and snacks. Please have them dress appropriately for the weather that week, including a change of shoes to wear indoors if it is wet/snowy out.
Monday, January 2nd - Friday January 6th, 2017
Our programming is intended for ages 7 - 14.
Camp runs 9:00 am - 4:00 pm.
Drop-off starts at 8:45 am, and pick up is until 4:30 pm.
If you require additional child care outside of these times, we will offer before and after care for a small additional fee. AM care starts at 8:00 am and PM care runs until 5:30.
The Cedars Worship Centre (aka Westminster United Church)
543 Beechwood Drive Waterloo, Ontario.
See our location page for more details and photos.